Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Key board CTK 2100 only works while connected to the adapter

Mary A.

I have a casio keyboard CTK 2100 that I had not been using for over a year and prior I had bought an adapter to replace the batteries. It  would charge my keyboard perfectly  and I didn't need to use batteries anymore. Now however I have realized that it will only power on if my keyboard is connected to the actual adapter chord. Other than that it will not power on at all after supposedly being charged for a period of time. Could it be an issue with the adapter ?

Apparently you have had a set of batteries in your keyboard all along, and they have finally gone completely dead.  Batteries will tend to recover a bit when left idle for a while.  I can not believe it would have come with batteries in it.  Maybe you loaded them when you first got it and just forgot.  At any rate, you need to get them out immediately.  Hopefully they have not split open and leaked corrosive electrolyte all over the battery compartment and connections.  Once those chemicals etch the plating off the connections, it is near impossible to restore them to their original reliability.  No matter how much you clean them, you have no way of restoring the plating.

The recommendation is to remove the batteries completely, and store them separately in a secure plastic container when the keyboard is idle.  The CTK-2100 has a low battery alert.  When all of the indicators down the left side of the display panel flash, the battery is low and needs to be replaced.  See the bottom of the right hand column on Page E-5 of the manual.

- T -

• Like 1