Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Wk 7600 volume control

Hi guys

d dinosaur back again. I know it’ll be in manual but that got ripped up weeks ago lol. I still haven’t sussed out how to fade individual tracks of a song in and out during and at start and end of songs when editing on song sequencer. Also how to adjust and save volumes of tones after editing. Most times my edited volumes seem to return to previous levels. I’m obviously doing lots wrong. I was doing well picking little things up but all the musical terms are killing me lol. Sorry I’m probably too clueless to get best out of this machine but any help with this small issue would be appreciated. 

David

The CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX manuals recommend that when making the type of edits you describe, that you follow them up by performing  a Panel Record to "fix" them in the recording, but a Panel Record places those edits in the File Header at the beginning of the song.  The Song Sequencer sets its parameters at the beginning of the song and assumes that they will remain static throughout the song.  Not what you were looking for.  Varying such things as volume, pitch, pan position, etc. during a recording, even if they are edited in after-the-fact, is known as "automation", and while the high end workstations with names like Fantom, or FA-06/07/08, or MO-06/08, or Motif, or Montage are very adept at this, I am afraid the CTK/WK Song Sequencers are just not that sophisticated.  If that is the type of recording you want to do with your WK-7600, you need to connect its USB port to  computer based DAW software, and do your recording and editing there, by-passing the keyboard's Song Sequencer altogether.  BUT . . . . if you do this, you need to make things easy for yourself by choosing a DAW software program such as Cubase, or Sonar, that are primarily MIDI based, instead of an audio based DAW that treats MIDI as though it were just a necessary evil to be dealt with, but mostly ignored.  Sonar is now discontinued, but continues to exist under is original name "Cakewalk", and is currently being offered as a free download from BandLab.  To get started, you might want to go with something that is full featured, but has a considerably shallower learning curve, such as Anvil Studio, also available as a free download.

Best of luck!

- T -

• Thanks 1