Video Files on Forum ×

PX-150 Dead Key Group (??)

Perry

I had my Privia PX-150 for several years, completely problem free.  Recently, one note lost its velocity sensitivity, so I decided to open it up and clean with compressed air after watching several very helpful videos on YouTube.  All seemed fine when I put the unit back together.  The problem key now worked perfectly again.  However, I noticed that the top 4 keys no longer produced any sound.  Thinking that I may have disturbed something when I was attending to my problem, I opened the keyboard up again, but couldn't see any thing wrong.  Did anyone else have a similar problem, and if yes, what did you do to fix?  I'm fairly handy, but new to taking on keyboard repairs.  Thanks and very much appreciated.  

Perry

Many thanks for the quick response.  I remember when I reassembled the unit after cleaning my problem key, I had quite a lot of difficulty re-plugging the cable.  Once I read your comment I knew that had to be it. I took a close look and saw that the cable actually wasn't fully seated, so I unplugged it and tried to re-plug it fully.  However, I couldn't reinsert the cable in the slot at all, and didn't want to force it.  At this point I'm not sure what further to do.  Any advice?

Reseat the cable going from the sound chip to the keybed. It's a wide cable. Chances are it isn't making proper contact. It will cause dead notes. Losen the keeper and reseat the cable. The keeper must be locking the cable in place. You might need to look closely to locate the keeper and unlock it. Once you do you will be able to reseat the cable. Remember to relock the keeper to hold the cable in place. Turn on the keyboard and test it to make sure all the notes sound before buttoning it up.

• 2 years later...