Video Files on Forum ×

LK-S250 and voice guidance

elionescu

Hello,

I am trying to decide between LK-265 and LK-S250, favoring the LK-S250 due to portability (assuming this will also brings a little more robustness).

But there is a great feature that LK-265 have (as I saw on youtube): in ‘lesson mode’, when the keyboard waits for the correct key to be pressed, it does 2 other things:
- It displays 2 ‘hands’ on the lcd and a hint for the recommended finger to be used
- It also says loudly the number associated with that finger
This is only a hint but I think it could be useful in developing a right/correct/efficient technique.
When it comes to LK-S250, the lcd could not display any hint, and from what I saw on youtube, it neither ‘vocalize’ that finger/number.
But if I don’t find does not mean it doesn’t exists. Can you share with me, pleae, your experience with this issue?

Thank you,
E.L.

You are correct in your assumptions/understandings about the LK-265 and LK-S250.  The LK-S250 was designed to work with the ChordanaPlay App, while the LK-265, even though it will work with ChordanaPlay, was actually designed as a standalone "learning" series keyboard, so it offers features that the LK-S250 does not.  What applies to the LK-265 also applies to the other standalone LK models, (LK-270, LK-280, etc) as well as the 76 key WK-2XX models and some of the digital pianos, but only the LK models have lighted keys.

The free Casio ChordanaPlay App for Smart devices (phones/tablets) has its own on-screen fingering guide and learning system that is pretty much the equivalent of the "Step-Up Lesson" system of the LK keyboards.  Since ChordanaPlay works with any of the LK keyboards, and since the LK-S250 and LK-265 are in the same price range. I would probably, personally, opt for the "best of both worlds" and go with the LK-265.  That would give me a keyboard that has its own "Step-Up Lesson" system and on-screen fingering guide, but will still work very well with the ChordanaPlay App, when I want that type of lesson system.  Actually, I would probably go a little more and go with the LK-280, the current top of the line LK keyboard.   It has the advantage of being able to store downloaded MIDI files on an SD Memory Card and playing them back from there.  It  has all the features of the LK-265 and also works very well with the ChordanaPlay App.

I currently have the ChordanaPlay App on a phone with a 4 inch diagonal screen, as well as on an 8 inch tablet and a 10 inch tablet.  Believe me, with a phone that small, the larger screens of the tablets is a definite advantage for the ChordanaPlay App.