Video Files on Forum ×

Where are the Canadian Casio dealers?

So, I'm waiting... and waiting... and waiting for Amazon to deliver my PX-560.  Ordered it 6 days ago, it still hasn't shipped.  They claim that they'll have it on my door step in 4 more days.  Hah.  Not likely.

So I got to wondering... if Amazon can't deliver, what are my choices?  Who else in Canada can sell me a PX-560?  As it turns out, there are precious few choices.

According to Google, Canadian Casio dealers in Canada include Best Buy, Canadian Tire (!), and Wal-Mart(!!).  Needless to say, none of these stores sell the PX-560.  Other stores include Long & McQuade (catalog sales only, and they don't sell the PX-560) AllYouNeed music (don't sell the 560) and Tom Lee music (don't sell the 560).

I even went to Casio Canada, and discovered that - unlike many other manufacturers - Casio Canada doesn't maintain a list of retailers that will sell you a Casio product.  They don't have a 'click here for a dealer near you' button.

At the end of a laborious search, I found just two Canadian sources for the PX-560.  Cosmo Music, who will match Amazon's price but charge about $60 for shipping; and Amazon, who offer free shipping.

Folks, I think I know why Casio keyboards haven't made a dent in the market.  It's really obvious.  There are no real Casio dealers!

I mean, C'mon.  When the top search items that Google finds are Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire, you know you have a market penetration problem.

Am I missing something here?