Video Files on Forum ×

wk 7600 Audio Recording

I want to create a simple sequence using midi drums, bass, and organ.  I then want to record a vocal track.  Should everything be done in the audio recorder?  I can't seem to get the vocal track to play with my sequence.

Unlike MIDI and audio recordings, done with a computer-based DAW, where the DAW is common to both recording processes, the WK-7600 records MIDI to internal memory, and audio files to the SD Card.  These are two entirely unrelated processes, as are the circuits that perform them.  Consequently, there is no synchronization between the two.  To do what you are trying to do, you need to first make your MIDI recording with the Song Sequencer, then connect your microphone and set up to do an audio recording. As you playback your MIDI recording, sing along with it, and record the combined performance to an audio file on the SD Card.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There is no count in for the audio recorder, but you could include a count in as part of the original MIDI recording with the song sequencer. Then when you are finished with the vocal recording, convert your audio file to a standard WAV file, load it into an audio editor, such as Audacity, and trim off the count in.

• 2 weeks later...