Video Files on Forum ×

Anyone with a ctx800?

Davisabat

Hi, I have a ctx700 and I don't understand why Casio couldn't put a flah drive port behind it and they sell an identical ctx800 to do that, instead.
Since I can't export .mid files with my ctx700, is there any Good Samaritan who could convert my .mrf files (to .mid) just to hear what they sound like?

Thank you all in advance

That flash drive port is part of what you pay extra for, when you purchase the CTX-800 over the CTX-700.  As for converting your .mrf files to .mid, I can gaurantee that whatever you play them back on, they will not sound anything like what they do on the CTX-700.  During the conversion, all of the high quality CTX-700 sounds are replaced with low quality General MIDI (GM) sounds to make them compatible with any GM sound module or keyboard.  If you really want to do this, you don't really need a flash drive.  Just connect the USB port on the back of the CTX-700 to a USB port on your computer, with a standard USB "printer" type cable, and record the CTX-700's MIDI output (either live or recorded) with a computer based DAW sequencer software program like Anvil Studio.

• Like 1

Thank you for replying.

But if even the flash drive conversion doesn't give the same sound as the keyboard, is there any way I can have my songs on my PC without loosing quality?

Using a good aux cable and registering wave with audacity could be even better than the general midi conversion?

Yes!  Connecting the CTX-700's Phones output jack to your computer's MIC/LINE-IN jack with the proper cable and/or adapter, and making audio recordings with Audacity will give you recordings that will be as close as you can get to the CTX-700's output sound, whatever they are played back on.

Latency is really only an issue when you are trying to play computer based samples from your keyboard and there is a noticeable delay from the time you press the key until you here the sound.  Make your connection, do your recording, and enjoy the results.

Hi, cable arrived! It's a good professional PROEL but I can't feel a huge difference between this connection and the one I made with a low quality cable. Basically, the problem is that the sound I get on the PC is "muffled"; it isn't clear as Casio sound. The keyboard sounds like a band playing live with real instruments, while the recording via aux-audacity seems..a recording!
May it be the integrated sound card of my pc? Can I have a Casio-like sound on the pc if I buy a good one or there would always be difference?

The output of the audio recording on the computer should sound nearly the same as the keyboard, if the computer has a decent sound system.  The keyboard has fairly high quality 4 or 5 inch speakers.  If your computer has typical 2 or 3 inch computer speakers, that would explain a good part of the difference.  Try listening to your recording with a good pair of headphones to see if it sounds any better.  When you decide to record the keyboard on the computer, it is assumed that the computer has, at least, as high a quality sound system as the keyboard.

Also check the cable to ensure it is not an "attenuator" cable.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...