Video Files on Forum ×

audio mic recording without usb interface on WK-6600

A question: I have the WK-6600, and using presonus studio one 4 Prime

There is a built in mic jack as you know on the WK-6600 plus a audio in jack I was hoping to use to record my electric guitar. I am trying to record and play back vocals & guitar while listening to the midi playback from the  software thru the computer speakers .

Do I need a seperate usb interface since I can only hear the click track and a faint recorded microphone output from the computer speaker, but not able to hear the mic thru the headphones or computer speakers while recording?

I of course need to be able to hear everything the midi and audio together while recording and playing back.

Do I need a usb interface to be able to record midi and audio and playback together?

Or, did I mess up the configuration of the Studio One 4 Software!?

NEWBEE!!

Thanks!!

Are you using a dynamic mic?

Have you adjusted the MIC VOLUME control on the back of the WK-6600?

If you connect the mic only, with no other connections, except power, how is the mic's level through the WK-6600's speakers?  If it is OK, then I would say that your problem is with the Presonus settings, but if it is low there, then you may have a bad mic, or just need to switch brands.