Video Files on Forum ×

File Transfer Problem: Song Too Large to Send

kevinwyn06

I have a LK-265, and I would like to transfer a MIDI file into the internal memory of the keyboard. However, the transfer failed because the song is "too large to send." The file has a size of around 9.5 KB, and the keyboard has 4 songs less than 3 KB in addition the the original 50. Could someone please help me with this issue?

Memory for the 50 Preset Songs in the LK-265 has nothing to do with the User Memory for User Songs.  Preset Songs are stored in permanent memory, while User Songs are stored in rewriteable memory.  Total rewriteable User Memory for User Songs in the LK-265 is 32Kb.  You have not come anywhere near exhausting that.  The wording in the error message you are getting suggests that it is coming from the Chordanaplay App, and not the keyboard.  While I can not find a limitation stated in the Chordanaplay Manual, I suspect that it has a maximum file size that it can transfer.  If you are able to transfer smaller files with no problem, but can not transfer a 9 Kb file, that would be a direct indication that this is the case.

If you do not have a Chodranaplay Manual, you can download a copy from here:

https://web.casio.com/app/en/play/manual/ChordanaPlay-manual-en.pdf

Please turn to the LK-265 Specifications on Page EN-26 of the LK-265 Manual and note the 9th item down on the list, which states that the internal memory of the LK-265 is approximately 32 Kb.  No matter how you want to word your argument, there ia absolutely no way you can fit a 55 Kb file into 32 Kb of memory - period.  What the video you posted is showing is using ChordanaPlay to simply play a MIDI file to the LK-265's sound engine, using the LK-265 strictly as a sound module.  It is not actually transferring the file into the LK-265's internal memory.  This is how most users use ChordanaPlay with the LK-265, since its internal memory is so limited.  They store the files on their Smart devices, and just "play" them to the LK-265.  If the iPad in this video were actually "transferring" that MIDI file into the LK-265's internal memory, it would be showing the ChordanaPlay "TRANSFER" screen, which it obviously is not.  I have noted much confusion about this on YouTube and many forums - users who think that "playing" a file to a device is the same as "transferring" it to the device's internal memory, when it is anything but.  Many you tube posters do not help this situation any by referring to connecting external storage devices (phones, tablets, etc) as "expanding your keyboard's song memory".  In a loose sense, this may be true, but in a strict technical sense, here again, it is anything but.