Video Files on Forum ×

Keyboard Function Key?

G.Jenkins

Hello! I have just bought the Privia PX-870 and am trying to change the keyboard response. The instruction manual is confusing, asking me to "hold down FUNCTION button and press the Keyboard Touch key". However, I see no "keyboard touch key". Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

On the PX models, the keys that you play also double as controls for various functions and features, but they are not labeled, as this would cause a cumbersome jumble of text on the face of the unit.  See the diagram at the top of Page EN-27 "[Middle Right Keyboard]" for the location of the Touch Response key.  It would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with this entire page, as soon as possible.  Most digital piano buyers prefer their units to look more like true "spinet" pianos (ie. pieces of fine furniture) rather than typical keyboard "workstations" with face panels strewn with buttons, knobs, and sliders with all of their attendant labels.