Video Files on Forum ×

Is it possible to change the Auto Accompaniment piano to a guitar, for one arrangement?

JonBuck

Let me start this question by saying....I'm a new 7600 owner, retired and learning all over again  and I find the keyboard's manual anything but easy for a 'beginner' to comprehend.  So pardon this sort of basic question, but I have to turn to the Forum for help. 

Here's what I would like to do, if it's possible....change the piano (temporarily) in the Auto Accompaniment feature to a guitar.  I want to use the 'pop shuffle' rhythm on a simple arrangement of "All Of Me" because a rhythm guitar backing would sound better with one-note melody. If yes; how do I do that?

Why?  Well, piano backup is OK but rhythm guitar on this arrangement would just be better.  I heard Count Basie do it that way at the Sands in Las Vegas many many years ago.  So this 'old geezer' is just wondering if he can produce that same sound on the 7600 keyboard..    

Anyway, I suspect the answer is .... pre-recorded, unable to change it, sorry.   But have to ask just to be sure. 

But If that's the case can I forsake the pre-recorded Auto Accompaniment backup, and play the chords in the left hand myself... with a guitar sound?    How to do that?

Would appreciate any help you can give me.   I'm still at Chapter one in the learning curve! 

JonB 

Hello, you can change any instruments in style. You can also change the parties. In this sense, the 7600 is an advanced tool. To edit the style, click on the pattern sequencer button, then click on the mixer button and in the desired place. By moving left and right in the mixer, you can move through parts in style. Moving up and down, you can change the parameters of the part. After all the changes, save your style as a custom one.