Video Files on Forum ×

Connecting iPhone to PX-S1000

Loydall

Hi - I'm looking to buy (my first) keyboard. I'm still a little undecided between a stage piano or more of a workstation style thing (while keeping in budget). I've played (a little) piano in the past and I think having a weighted/88 key board is going to be important but I do like some of the extended sounds of the workstations I've been looking at (although the 61 key synth action boards don't appeal to me). So - my thought was that the PX-S100 would be ideal as long as I could hook it up to my iPad/iPhone on the odd occasion when I want some more synth-type sounds. I've see videos of people hooking the usb from the PX-S100 up to an iPad to play along on apps but if I wanted to use the iPad as a synth module I'd need to feed the audio back out from the phone back into the PX-S100 right? I just want to make sure this is possible and what sort of connection you'd need to do this.

Cheers.

Yeah, you can connect the iPad to the PX-S1000's 1/8" audio in, or you can connect the iPad to some sort of external amplification system. Note that depending on the iPad model, you might need adapters to be able to connect it since some iPads don't have headphone output jacks. You could use bluetooth, but I'm not sure if there would be latency issues with that.

IOW, you might need something that allows you to plug in the USB from the PX-S1000 and connect audio out on the iPad at the same time. I haven't looked into that specifically.

• Like 1