Video Files on Forum ×

No Sound Coming Out of Headphones- PX-760

Jem

Hello, I am a new member here.

I own a PX-760 that is about three years old now. I've no issues encountered with it before, even with the headphone jack. A few days ago, however, as I was playing with my usual earphones in an adapter, the sound suddenly cut off. I was surprised because I could hear through the headphones perfectly well moments prior, and then I couldn't all of a sudden. I unplugged the adapter and plugged it again, but no sound came out of the earphones. I even tried wiggling the earphones just in case its contact with the adapter was not good. Still, no sound came. 

The sounds work fine with the external speakers. Playing with earphones/headphones is really important to me, as I could play without disturbing anyone late in the night. 

I've no idea how to assess this issue. I was hoping if anyone could help me.

Thank you in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jem - I've got the same problem with my Privia PX150.  I opened up the keyboard to see if I could spot anything wrong (i.e. loose wire, etc.), but didn't see anything.  Since I use the keyboard for gigging and connect amplifiers to the unit via the headphone ports, this is a real problem for me. The only option is to take the keybaord to an authorized dealer.  You may have to do the same. 

Clayton