Video Files on Forum ×

PX-730 Uneven keys repairs?

Siberialina

Hi everyone, I am contemplating buying Privia PX 730, the keys look uneven on the photo, but surely it should be something easy to fix? I can't find anything here on "uneven keys", please kindly share your wisdom if you have any experience with these. Maybe it's not worth it? Photo attached. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 1.21.49 PM.png

i have the same issue with my casio privia px 555r a few keys are sunken alot more than in your case around 10-15(too lazy to get up and check lol). There were few of them at first now its a whole bunch of them. im searching all over the internet and cant find a reason why this is happening, and it feels like a counterweight problem every key i strike has this double kickback effect in response like u have a weight on a string and jerk up on the string and it becomes taut after two bounces. really weird. dont buy if u cant get someone to fix it or cant fix it yourself for cheap. 

• 1 month later...

So, a month after I did not buy that keyboard, it popped up for sale again with a much more honest photos(attached). He is asking even more than what it was going for, presumably to retrieve his costs. In the meantime, I googled the problems and the rubber dampers can be bought and replaced, but for what he is currently asking, it's not worth it. Plus, it is missing a triple pedal unit and this is a model which you can't just hook any pedal to... Will only buy if he sells really cheap, but some newbie could buy it without knowing much about the problem...

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.41.15 PM.png