Video Files on Forum ×

How to set up CT-X700 for multitimbral recording using DAW

RogerB123

My iPad DAW app, which is Auria Pro can recognize the Casio midi and I can set my DAW channels up to have each channel be a different midi channel.  It all seems set up right from the iPad side.  

But now I’m trying to figure out how (where) to set up the Casio so it can play back various instruments each having their own midi channel.  I haven’t been able to find this info in the manual.  I opt to use a DAW because the editing is quicker and visually easier by far than the way of editing in the Casio.   

I’m not using the instrument plugins in the DAW.  I’m prefering to use the Casio instruments for now. So my DAW is only being used as a sequencer to record midi data from the Casio keyboard, and to play back the Casio Tones.

My question is how do I set up the Casio midi instruments to respond as a multitimbral unit.  I’m not using Casio’s internal sequencer at all.  Just wanting to use the Casio as a midi controller with each instrument responding by channel number to the midi recordings coming back from the DAW.

What happens is I set up three tracks in my DAW with three different instruments on channels 1,2
and 3.  I can record midi to each track but when I play it back all tracks are playing the piano on channel 1.  I may not be using it right.

Any info would be well appreciated.  Thanks,  Roger