Video Files on Forum ×

How much use does your PX-S3000 Get?

Trooplewis

After not really playing piano for 35 years, I'm trying to make up for lost time and some days I'm on my PX-S for 3 or 4 hours a day (retirement + Covid, lots of time on my hands).

Another thread addressed the black keys "clicking" after  a year or so of use, so I'm curious how much use the keyboard can take. A fair amount of my time is working with Hanon, so the keys get a lot of finger time.

Thoughts?

You've probably seen my other post on PX-S3000 noisier keys over time. 

I am still waiting for my warranty repair keyboard assembly to arrive at the repair shop.  They originally said it would be about 3-4 weeks.  It has been almost 5 months now since I submitted the request, but I still use and enjoy my keyboard almost every day.  Today I spent over 7 hours using it with Reaper DAW.  I not only record the Casio sounds directly to Reaper but also use the keyboard as a midi controller for a lot of VST sounds.  I am using it even more since the pandemic.  I would say I normally average about 1-2 hours a day but in the last 3 months average maybe 2-3 hours a day.  I can't really feel any difference in the keys and don't hear the noise that often because I mostly use earbuds or headphones.  The recordings to USB or to the DAW are excellent especially the piano.