Video Files on Forum ×

Saving settings in casio psx3000

diegomistico

Hello!

I own a casio pxs3000 and i have a problem.

I like brilliance in +3 and a light touch responce. I know how to set this things, but the problem i have is that every time i turn off my piano all my settings are gone and i have to set them again every time...

What can i do about it?

Thanks!!!

The PX-S3000 uses a less-than-transparent term for "saving settings," namely, "Auto Resume."  If you turn Auto Resume on in the System folder under the Function menu, that will save your desired touch response setting.  I don't know about brilliance, but probably - just try it.  

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Yes, the auto resume function also saves the parameters defined in the knobs. For a better view of how these "tools" can or should be used, it is based on a hierarchy.

Parameters and settings can be saved into a Registration Memory, the Registration Memory is saved into a bank, and the Auto Resume function takes a snapshot of how the PSX was before it was turned off. There are settings that cannot be saved to a Registration Memory. It is always healthy to read the manual to understand these details as they make a big difference in the day-to-day use of the PSX. But a strange detail that I noticed and that is not clearly mentioned in the user manual is that some settings (I don't know if all) are saved even if the Auto Resume function is turned off.

Example:

Auto Resume function = off;
1st Registration Memory (area 1) on Bank 01 selected;
LCD Contrast set to 13;
Change to bank 24 and save in area 1;
Turn off PSX.

When I turn on the PSX again, even before it finishes the tests on the leds on the right side of the LCD screen, the LCD Contrast function is changed to the value I saved earlier and the PSX returns to bank 01. The detail is that the "method" I used to save this configuration was in area 1 of bank 24. The PSX saved this configuration even with the Auto Resume function turned off. Go figure!!! 🤔

• Like 1