Video Files on Forum ×

Using Korg Module Pro app with Casio PX-S 3000

Fujiman90

I am new to midi and would appreciate any help. I have been using Chordana app with the PXS3000 and it works perfectly. I decided to buy the Korg Module Pro app for the iPad and try it. I find that when I play the Casio keyboard I see the correct keys moving on the Korg app on the iPad , and I can hear some of the sound of the instrument chosen from the app ,  but I still hear the Casio sound as well . I’m not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I need to change a setting on the keyboard so I only hear the sounds from the Korg module pro coming through. I am using a usb2.0 cable type B to midi cable otr cable to the keyboard . Any advice appreciated .

Edited by Fujiman90
Correction of typo

• Fujiman90 changed the title to Using Korg Module Pro app with Casio PX-S 3000

You need to turn the local control setting off. Press the function button and use the + - buttons to advance to midi menu and turn local to off. Page 59 in the manual refers to the setting. The first setting you will see when you press function is Touch. Press + until you get to Midi. Press enter then advance to local and use + or - to turn the setting off this will disable the built in sounds of the piano. Connect a stereo mini cable to the headphone out on the ipad and the other end to audio in jack and to use the piano speakers or headphones to hear the Korg module sounds.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 12:15 AM, Fujiman90 said:

Thank you Casiofun. Followed the directions and worked great. Problem solved! 

On 12/16/2020 at 12:15 AM, Fujiman90 said:

Thank you Casiofun. Followed the directions and worked great. Problem solved! 

HI, Fujiman90!

U can do this as well with the knob control K1. To do that To do that touch the Function button and navigate to the third section "DSP, TRANSPOSE, KNOB, ARPEG., SPLIT, LAYER". Touch the Knob button and using the "-  +" buttons navigate to option "12 :Kbd/Acmp Vol."

The knob K1 will control the volume of the Keyboard. As a DAW user I like to use this technique because it is faster than accessing the function menu pages and you can even save this knob configuration in a bank making the use of the Korg module even faster.

Hug!