Video Files on Forum ×

Can't get custom tones on Casio CDP 130

CT-7567

Hello There, I a getting troubles with installing new tones to my CDP130 Keyboard, I tried with Data Manager (both 5.0 and 6.1 version) but it looks like it doesn't exist for my specific keyboard, Then I downloaded CASIO SMF Converter, and also the MIDI File of the song I wanted to play, but it can't get a response from the keyboard, I am using the only wire that can connect my PC to this kind of keyboard (the same used by many printers) and the pc says the keyboard is connected correctly, but I still can't get it to work, any suggestions? (I have a windows 10 64 bit pc)

The CDP-130 is a very basic model, primarily meant to provide an affordable 88-key weighted option for beginners who are learning piano. It cannot import new tones or samples to the onboard memory. It doesn't even have an onboard memory, really, and as such it can't import MIDI files for playback. Data Manager is made to work with specific Casio models that support importing data like that, but the CDP-130 is not one of them.

You can use it as a MIDI controller to control external software instruments in a Digital Audio Workstation (or mobile apps, like SampleTank as one example) with that USB printer cable. This will send the note data you're playing on the keys to the computer, and then trigger the virtual instruments in that software environment accordingly. But as far as the actual sounds on the CDP itself? What you see is what you get.

• Like 1