Video Files on Forum ×

How to use a sampled audio drum track with midi tracks in DAW

r_1159

Hello everyone 

I wish to replace my drum track in DAW. I have recorded every track in midi format in Cake walk and just need to replace the drum track with a sampled Audio drum. I cant find a way to do this as DAW wont play the audio file though CTX speakers and just plays the midi track. Any ideas? 

Regards

On 1/23/2021 at 8:18 AM, Casiofun said:

Assuming your talking about a drum track on your CTX keyboard use the line out jacks from the CTX to line in on computer. You can record direct to computer through your DAW. Take the audio out from the computer to audio in on CTX to play audio from the computer.

Great idea. This way all tracks will be recorded as audio and then the recorded Audio file will play through the speakers ? Except the drum track I wish to hear the CTX original tones from the speakers for all tracks. 

14 minutes ago, Casiofun said:

I would think you would hear computer audio through CTX speakers using audio in. If you don't hear the drum track out of the CTX try turning on accompany out on in the MIDI settings.

I am gonna get a audio cable to see if this work. If works, my $200 CTX keyboard do a $4000 Px4 Korg's job !!!!