Casio ctx700 rhythms vs yamaha psr e463 styles?

Zaid

Hi @Zaid it is probably best to compare the CT-X700 with the PSR E373 which is in the same price range and is also geared towards beginners.

Indeed, the quality of styles/rhythms is a very subjective matter. I’d say that the CT-X3000/5000 have beyond doubt better rhythms that the PSR E463 because of the AiX chip and because the CT-X3000/5000 have 4-variations rhythms.

As for the CT-X700 vs. Yamaha PSR E373, I am not so sure. The DSP module on the E373 is more flexible whereas on the CT-X700 the DSPs are patch-dependant and cannot be tweaked.

Be aware that because of its new SArt Lite! voices and DSPs, the E373, which is cheaper and has less features, has actually better styles than the E463, which is from an older generation of keyboards.

I’d say that generally the rhythms of the CT-X700 are fresher, but if you put aside the world category, you’ve got more usable rhythms on the E373, and you also have access on the Internet to a huge library of free styles which are compatible with the Yamaha.

As I always say, watch as many YouTube videos as you can and go to a music shop to try both keyboards side by side.

This video by Jeremy See, a piano and keyboard teacher in Singapore, draws a comparison between the rhythm quality of both keyboards and could help you make your choice: