Video Files on Forum ×

PX S1000 : $200 better than CDP S100?

Biggersmiles

Hi folks, hoping for some opinions please. I'm in Cambodia, choice is very limited, the shop is 4 hours away and I can't get there, so purchasing online using Google and youtube videos for help. The S100 is $400, S1000 is $600. I know it's hard to say as it comes down to what $200 means to the individual. That aside tho, do you think the PX is worth an extra 50%? Does it play/sound noticeably better? Just for basic home use, possible few minor gigs. Using it a controller would seem equal unless the playing is particularly better. So I'm wondering if it's worth spending the extra $$$, or would I rather have the cash for other things.... Has anyone had the same consideration and what did you choose? What makes it better?

Many thanks

Difficult to answer that for someone else. Technically the PXS1000 has a better piano sample and sound chip than the CDPS line. However adding a computer or ipad changes that dynamic for the CDPS line. If you have an iphone that can be used also. So buying software instruments changes things for either model.

I'd take the PX-S1000 over the CDP-S100 any day. The CDP-S100 is a great starter keyboard, don't get me wrong, I recommend it for many people as an entry-level model over just about anyone else's, but the PX-S1000 is much more like playing a real piano. If you're budget-limited, the CDP-S100 is a great way to go, but if you can afford more, take the step up.

That being said, if you primarily want to use it as a controller, then the sounds and features you get from the PX-S1000 might not matter to you. The actions on both are similar to each other and your "connectedness" to the instrument would depend on the software instrument you use and all that. But the PX-S1000 is a better standalone keyboard, which might be useful for those times you just want to sit and play.

JMO.

• Like 1