Video Files on Forum ×

License to Kill - James Bond Theme

I'm not a James Bond movie fan, but I do generally like the theme songs.  This one is my favorite.  The original sung by Gladys Knight is AMAZING.  I wish I could get that much soul and power out of my piano solo version, Ha.  One track with the stock grand concert piano tone.  It's fun to play those big opening chords down in the beefy F1-F2 range.

License to Kill.mp3

• Like 3

Gorgeous , I would like to add and its an opinioned discussion I wanted to place for a while now. 

This not the post for it my apologies, The flavor of sound mostly the first stock sound grand piano

I've been picking for long that isn't the right sound for a song , Because its to wide and or to bright

sometimes you want grand but stuffy, dark and woody like an aged piano that been living in an auditorium. 

It took me long getting that piano sound into the right mood of a song cause how does one select or

set a piano sound like mono stereo less EQ , reverberation type to the right amount of vibe feeling fitting to

that particular song.

I've seen lots of video pass of popular songs where that piano sounds is fitted at the same atmosphere , Like

the "Pyramid song" or "Lady Madonna" . Gawd I've tried so many times for the first one its a challenge.  

• Like 1

XW-Addict,

Thanks for the kind reaction.  I have Keyscape VST and initially played License to Kill using its LA Custom C7 - Cinematic (PX560 as input controller) which has the characteristics you mention above.  However, IMO, appropriate sustain pedaling becomes tedious with "darker" pianos.  To my ear, it's really hard to beat the PX560's Grand Concert Piano tone.  Then again, I prefer to sit down and play versus tweaking knobs, lazy I guess, Ha.  Lady Madonna sounds good to me on the PX560 using either the stock Tack Piano (what was used at Abbey Road) or Honky-Tonk with a little extra chorus added. 

• Like 1