Video Files on Forum ×

Lean to the Inside - Electronic

This is an obscure "B side" instrumental from the band Electronic in 1991.  Electronic was a kind of techno super group consisting of members from The Pet Shop Boys, The Smiths, and Kraftwerk.  This one is completely by ear.  I maxed out the PX560's polyphony and memory using 16 midi tracks, several of which have multi-layered custom hex sounds without any notes dropping.  This song makes me want to ride my bicycle real fast and "lean to the inside" Ha.        

Lean to the Inside.mp3

• Like 2

Thanks Giano!  I use a simple, free program for Windows called "MidiEditor" to copy/paste repeated sequences/measures I've recorded on individual tracks with the PX560.  This can be done directly on the PX560 too, but it's clunky since it's not a visual as MidiEditor.  I have Reaper for a DAW, but I haven't used it for any uploads to this forum.  I also make use of the PX560's arpeggiator styles for bass lines and counter melodies.  My big beef with DAWs and the PX560 are rhythm patterns.  The PX560 puts that info on track "17" which isn't recognized by DAWs.  Therefore, drum sequences have to be generated in the DAW manually which is extremely frustrating for me, a non drummer.         

Edited by Tsquare

• 1 month later...

Hi T,

I like what you are doing VERY MUCH.  and relate it to years of my past activity, that proved to be SO fruitful for me.  Just a SMALL upgrade will save you years of tiresome work and frustration.  560 though fine, is outdated, and not standardized.    FIRST thing is FREE or very nearly FREE -  GET 'SWEET SIXTEEN MIDI SEQUENCER' from the Windows store.  I just opened my AINT_MISBEHAVIN.MID save from my CT-S400, and immediately could see that all 16 tracks were Casio standard that I learned from my WK7600 .   Rhythm tracks are MIDI 9-16.  bass 8 drums 10 miscperc 9.  11+accomp instrument parts.  

Those easy arrangements of the Gershwin are VERY good.  Whose are they, and where available? I want copies.  PLAYED EXPRESSIVELY and MUSICALLY !!  Actually more than half of what I do is to write 'easy piano' arrangements at similar skill levels. I also teach piano AND drums for the Guitar Center company. My personal YouTube channel has tutorial videos of many of my arrangements.  

WHAT I LIKE:

You are doing some great by Ear playing/arranging already

You sense the value/need of Classical Training for your fingers/ ears/ and musically expressive sensibilities

You are already applying expressive USABILITY of your hands and ears. 

SO - JUST DO IT; FIND $229 SOMEHOW, FOR A CT-S400.  I'm exploring it, like you're exploring your hex layers; and the 400 is less technical.  THUMBS UP STIMULATING INSTRUMENT, AND the 6 track recorder has a mixer.  Piano touch is VERY REALISTIC semi-weighted, and piano sample and speakers are improved over the 560.