Video Files on Forum ×

CT-S300 service manual or take-apart pictures, anyone?

Hi, 

I have an unused CT-S200 (red). Not having touch sensitivity sucks. OTOH, I like the form factor and the red color very much. 

Since there is no red CT-S300 (or LK-S250), I got the idea to transplant the internals of a (used) CT-S300 into the red CT-S200 body. 

For this reason, I'm looking for some information about the CT-S300. I presume the internals are essentially the same as the CT-200's. Just the pitch bend wheel might cause problems. Getting it integrated into the S200 body would probably be non-trivial. 

So I thought I might just disconnect it and do without a pitch wheel in the target body. However, I'd like to get some idea how this area looks internally in the CT-S300 and how the wheel is mounted and connected, before I go out and try to get a used example, which are still a bit above €100 here. 

Does anyone happen to have a CT-S300 service manual? I couldn't find one on the usual sites (nothing beyond CT-K models there). Or does someone have take-apart pictures, which would show the internal area around the pitch wheel?

I also could not find any CT-S300 repair videos on YT. Looks like they never break ;) - or maybe get thrown out immediately?

It would also be good to know if the keybed of both models is identical. I'm afraid not, b/c of the necessary sensors for touch sensitivity, but the difference may be only in software, if I'm lucky.

Initially I was looking for an LK-S250 as a donor device, b/c drilling two holes for mic port and mic volume knob should be easier than dealing with an S300 pitch wheel. But used S250s are nearly impossible to come by here.

BTW, potentially 'inferior' sound quality vs. newer AIX boards won't be an issue for me, as I plan to connect a smartphone via MIDI and use a synth app or something similar. 

TIA

• Love 1