Video Files on Forum ×

Can only get audio on R or L monitor from Casio RZ-1

winniethawho

Hello. Still learning this machine, and at least with the cables and adapters I have, no matter what combination of plugging in my RZ1 either straight into the monitors (have tried via aux input in front with like a y cable to a 1/8", among other things, 2 separate 1/" instrument cables from the L and R on the RZ1 to the 1/4" inputs in back of machine, ran it into audio interface, toggled the L and R switch thing that is on the back of one of my monitors, etc), other methods and even with headphones; I can only get sound to come out of either the L or R speaker and never both speakers at once, and that goes for using the headphone jack as well. Any advice. Does it require some special adapter or cable? Is this normal? Someone please advise! Thanks so much :)

Chris

Make sure that the cable you are using have the correct connector type for use with your RZ-1 and monitors. 

This excerpt from the RZ-1 user manual explains what connector types need to used.

Screenshot_20230911-145955_Drive.thumb.jpg.5fab8a60f59e3c7a853fcc640288cff5.jpg

Here's the link where I found a PDF copy of the RZ-1 manual:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://manuals.fdiskc.com/flat/Casio%20RZ-1%20owners%20Manualpdf.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjvh-ibnqOBAxVIIUQIHVi0D4kQFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2EvINS3Gu0bo_P3wI4gTU8

• Love 1