Video Files on Forum ×

Connections

For the computer data connections simply connecting individual USB AB cables will allow the keyboards to talk to each other and control each other.

Then for audio you need a small mixer. At least a 4 channel model. I'd recommend a Behringer 1002FX or 1202FX. They are ten and twelve channels respectively and will leave you some room to grow. You have to run each keyboard into the mixer inputs and run the mixer output to your computer.

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=1002fx

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=1202fx

Right now Amazon has the 1202FX cheaper than the 1002FX so I'd say run with that one.

EDIT: they are ten and twelve MONO channels respectively so actually only 5 or 6 STEREO devices can be connected.

EDIT: And definitely get the FX models instead of the plain 1202 or 1002. The 100 built in DSP effects are well worth the extra $10 in price.

HI,

Both have stereo audio in jack so you can use one to mix all and use a "Y" cable to record it into your Ipad.

The ctk7000 can do the mix and record it into an audio file too ...

You have a lots of good way to do what you want,you have to find the better for you...

Cheers

Any of these options would work. Cheapest would be using one keyboard as the mixer for the other keyboard's output.

Buying a full fledged mixer would allow for future expansion would be intermediate in cost.

Buying a USB audio interface would be useful if you want to spend a couple of hundred to overcome MIDI latency problems and plan to set up a full fledged studio on your computer if your soundcard is not good enough to process standard audio input. Bear in mind that USB solutions require Windows drivers that may no longer be functional or available 10 years down the road.

Actually you might find better answers to your questions over at Home Recording Forums

http://homerecording.com/bbs/

Those people will be better equipped to answer the pros and cons of each possible solution.

Here's a diagram of how my home studio is hooked up.

post-14-0-56251200-1364766424_thumb.jpg

My current mixer is a 1202FX. I upgraded from the 1002. I've also since then added an Alesis drum machine and an M-Audio Venom Synth. I really should update this diagram.

Anyway, that's a sample of one way to hook up a home studio.