Video Files on Forum ×

Nine Layer Organ

jimmyjames

So I am a bit perplexed as to how this works.  Someone reported this file as broken with the explanation "wrong data".  What does this mean?  Do the monitors of this site have any feedback on this?  Should this just be a site for Casio to post files?  Looking for some guidance.

What I see might be what you see.

"This file has been reported as broken because: wrong data

Reported by uzssabvg on Jul 11 2013 12:25 AM"

I sent him a PM to ask what the problem is but have not received a response. He reported another as broken as well.

Can you do me a favor? Download your uploaded file and install it on your PX-5S. Make sure that it makes the round trip 100% and is exactly what you expect. Make sure you don't confuse it with nor overwrite your original copy. Keep that one safe somewhere. It's possible he's having a problem on his end.

Joe, thanks for the response.  Did the "round trip" as you suggested and it is functioning properly.  Perhaps we "regulars" should not have the power to label files as broken...only moderators.  Don't want to put more work on you (and BTW I am grateful for what you do already) but I think labeling something as "broken" when it is more likely the problem is with the downloader and not the setting itself could discourage sharing.  I think easy sharing of user settings is one of the most powerful things the PX-5S has to offer.

PS: mgrieves...thanks for the note of support...glad you like the patch!

PSS Joe, btw, forgot to mention I couldn't see who reported the file broken.  I am guessing only moderators are allowed to see this.  I would have probably sent a message myself if I had known who it was.

Joe, thanks for removing the "Broken" designation from the Nine Layer Organ file.  I presume the "policy" going forward will be to remove a "Broken" designation if a problem can not be confirmed.  Please note I posted an updated version of this Stage Setting today (1.05) adding B3-style percussion (just the 3rd) controlled by Knob 3, as well as some additional  Master EQ adjustments to improve the sound.