Video Files on Forum ×

controlling tones settings

qtcallant

Is their a way to assign tone settings to a control knob or fader or am I missing something? For instance I want to be able to control the LFO amp rate so I can use it for a synth lead. Also how do you change the name of a bank like autoclav 1 how would I edit that, (and i am not talking about renaming the tone) without using the computer data editor.

Thanks for any help you can give! Cheers!

Hello,

No, you cannot control a tone live.  You can control a Stage Setting, however.  A Stage Setting is made up of Zones, and Zones are made up of tones.

To edit the knobs and sliders for a Stage Setting:

Press [Edit] > enter

Cursor Down until you see Common Edit > press enter

Cursor Down until you see the knob/slider you want to assign settings to.

Basically, if you have a single tone that is your lead, you would set up a zone in a stage setting that only has that tone.  Turn off the other zones in the stage setting if you don't need them.  Edit you stage setting (common edit) to assign the functionality to your knobs and sliders that you desire.

That is the concept of how you create your lead "patch" and have it affected by the sliders and knobs.

To change the name of a stage setting:

Press the [Write] button

Press [Enter] on Stage Setting

Cursor down once.  There should be a little line below the first character of the Stage Setting name.

Use Knob 2 (K2) to change the character.  For fine tuning, use the + and - keys on the far upper right

Cursor Left and right to change other characters

When you are done, press [Enter] and follow the prompts.