Video Files on Forum ×

Behringer Midi Foot Controller

Hugh O Kelly

As. long as Hugh is asking this question - I have a similar question:

Will the Behringer DUAL A/B SWITCH AB200 work with the PX-5s Pedal Input 2?

Looks like it would add a lot of versatility to that input! IF it works!

Here it is:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/AB200.aspx

Or.....are there any other similar products that adds that versatility that anyone has used?

Thanks!

I may be wrong on this, but I believe that both pedal inputs on the px-5s are simply on and off switches.  You have some limited assignability as to what is turned on and off or what is the high (on) and the low (off) value, but I do not believe they transmit or receive any midi information.  If the midi foot switch controller (regardless of brand) can send via standard midi out, then that could be plugged into the midi in of the px-5s and I think you would have better control. 

I may be wrong on this, but I believe that both pedal inputs on the px-5s are simply on and off switches.  You have some limited assignability as to what is turned on and off or what is the high (on) and the low (off) value, but I do not believe they transmit or receive any midi information.  If the midi foot switch controller (regardless of brand) can send via standard midi out, then that could be plugged into the midi in of the px-5s and I think you would have better control.

I assume you are replying to Hugh's question and not mine. I'm going to repost my question as a separate Topic since my question has nothing to do with Midi. Sorry for the confusion.