Video Files on Forum ×

AMOUNT of Rotary Effect

SonnyDaye

I can't figure out how to increase the AMOUNT of the Rotary effect in an Organ Hex Layer I'm trying to create. I chose "Fast" for the Speed, but can't find which parameter controls the AMOUNT of the effect. Actually, the only reason I want to increase the Amount is because from the G above middle C down there's less (hardly any!) of the effect noticeable. I'm sure there's probably some OTHER factor and Parameter causing that, but as you can tell....I know NOTHING about Organs!

Help!

Thanks!!!!

I was curious about this too, because I wanted to assign one of the knob to adjust the amount. Looking at the DSP parameters, I thought that if was able to increase the wet level with target 1 of the knob while decreasing the dry level with target 2 (swapping the min and max values), that I could vary the amount. But the dry level was already set to zero, so it appears that the wet and dry level parameters differ from what I am used to. If I just increased the wet level in that situation, I had to reduce the tone volume to compensate, but since there was no dry signal in the mix, I just end up with the same sound.

On the other hand, if you are building a hex layer tone from scratch, adjust the wet and dry relationship might get you there.

Hopefully, someone will have the correct answer and enlighten us both.

• Like 1

I usually control the amount of effect with the wet/dry mix as Ebonivor mentioned. This has the unfortunate side effect of decreasing the overdrive if you happen to be using the Drive Rotary as well.  It hasn't been too big a problem for me at this point, though.  Well, it was a problem when I inadvertantly set the mix to all dry and spent quite awhile trying to figure out why I couldn't hear the DSP!  When you do this, though, the min/max values will probably need to be adjusted to get rid of the volume "dip" in the middle of the controller range where the sum of the signals doesn't quite seem to add up to the total signal from either just wet or just dry.

I also don't know why you wouldn't hear the rotary below a certain level.  Perhaps the DSP send is turned off in one of your hex layers?  I can hear mine just fine across the keyboard.

• Like 1

I use the mod wheel to control the speed. In stage settings -> common edit --> modulation -> target [speed]

You could easily assign a knob for this also.

min set to 0

and the max to 127

In the DSP you choose type [rotary]

and then i usually take slow, you can take fast. And test vs slow.

Brake I usually set to [rotate]

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks for all the tips. I now understand better all the details mentioned - I tried all the suggestions. Tried increasing the Wet, etc., but, the problem still isn't solved. Mystery. :mellow:

I should say, I created 3 different Organ Hex Layers. Two of them don't have the problem. The one using Perc Organs is the one that doesn't behave quite right (see description in earlier post).

Edited by SonnyDaye