Video Files on Forum ×

Problems updating to v 1.11

rdh89
Go to solution Solved by Joe Muscara,

Hi just bought a PX-5S a week ago. I recently tried updating the firmware to v 1.11.

I downloaded the v 1.11 file from casio, uploaded it into the root folder of my USB, plugged the USB into the piano, and started te updating process.

The instrument category light began lighting up one by one as expected, but the update seemed to stall out after the third light lit up and after a few minutes the screen showed a message saying that the update file couldn't be found. I tried to update a few times with the same result each time.

Do I need to put the file in a specific place in the USB drive? Does it need to be the only file on the drive? Do I need to update to v 1.10 first before I can update to v 1.11? I checked on the casio download page but could only find the file for v 1.11.

Please advise as to what I should check. Thanks!

I'm having a similar problem uploading tones and stage setting onto my piano from my USB. In both instances, the piano recognizes the file and begins the loading process, then eventually times out with the message 'ERROR: WRONG DATA'

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

• Solution

Did you format your USB drive on the PX-5S or on your computer? You may need to try formatting it on the PX-5S, then bring it to your computer, put the files on that, and then try the process on the PX-5S again.

There should be no problem having the firmware as well as the tones and stage settings on the same USB drive, as long as they're in the correct locations on the drive. It sounds like you're doing this correctly.

There may be a general compatibility issue with the USB drive. I don't recall if the PX has this issue, but I've seen where some keyboards don't like USB drives of certain sizes or brands. You might want to try another one if you have access to another USB drive.

• Like 3