Video Files on Forum ×

recording a song with Song recorder ?

User 29303

e is it possible to play a file and recording over it using the Song recorder ? if i try to record a phrase only one of my instruments from 

a stage is playing and recording ? .....also i start then the song recorder and the wave the phrase is also starting,,,i can't figyure out how to use this ...;)

please is there any Handbook ? for it 

Do you want to record as AUDIO, not MIDI? The file you want to play, is it MIDI or AUDIO? If it's only MIDI, you can use the Song recorder to combine a few phrases, up to eight in one file.

Song -> Edit -> Track edit [Enter] -> Insert (above the stage settings number buttons, for each track you want to add.) For each track, add from your existing phrases collection. When all is done, save the Song with the Write button, a step I often forget myself.

Maybe you know all this, and this is not what you want to do?

Edit Some time ago I was trying to find out how to send a MIDI file back to the PX-5S and record it, using voices from the instrument. I ended up playing it from Synthesia, just had to make sure on which channel each track was residing, and that the right voices were on the corresponding channels of the PX-5S.

thank you theodorn no what i am trying to go is:

i have a stage with a drum on zone one so i record a phrase and i am save it as let´s say phrase nr 130 ...ok then i load this phrase into the 

song sequencer....no i like to play the drum and record a Bass line to another phrase with an different stage setting ....then i like to play the drum and

the bass line from the Songplayer and playing a solo ....i  cant figure out how........

or i always have the phrase starting with a different phrase  or the soundpatch is coming up wrong..or.....wasn´t it better to have a simple track recoder on the PX5S-----:)

Hello,

the song sequencer doesn't playback stage settings.  It only plays back tones assigned to the tracks.  The process is like this:

1. Record your phrase or many phrases - piano, drums, bass, whatever

2. Press [song]

3. Press [Edit] > Song Mixer > Channel - Select your midi channel for this part .  I say do this first because if you want to use a Hex layer, you have to set the midi channel to 1 or 2.  To change the TRACK, press the + or - buttons under ZONE/PART.  The track number appears in the upper right corner of the display (TR1, TR2, etc.).  But NOTE: if you choose midi channel 1 or 2 instead of starting with the default 5, this may affect your stage settings if you play along while the song sequencer is running.

4. After you choose the channels for the Tracks, go back to Song Mixer > Bank Select and Program Change and set your tones for the tracks.  

5. Set any other parameters for the tracks that you want (volume, pan, chorus, reverb, delay, etc.)

6. Exit back to Song Edit > Track Edit

You should see 001 Ph000 01 00 or something like that.  This means for the current track, you are at position 001 in this track, the phrase Ph000 will play 1 time, and there is 00 key shift.  

Use Knob 2 to change the phrase number, knob 3 to change the number of times that phrase repeats, and knob 4 to change the pitch of that phrase for this position.

If you press number key 1, it will add another position to this track.  You can put a different phrase in there, or the same one if you want.  Once you have added more positions, you can use Knob 1 to move between the positions.  If you are not happy with a position, you can delete the entire line by pressing the number 0 key.

You can switch between tracks by pressing the + or - key under ZONE/PART/STEP/TRACK.

You can add up to 999 positions on each track.  Each position can be repeated up to 99 times and you can play the phrase in a different key for each position and each track.