Video Files on Forum ×

Need to plug and unplug headphones a couple times before audio comes out of the speakers. Should I be worried?

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a PX-160 and I'm very pleased with it, but sound won't come out of the speakers after I unplug my headphones, so I have to plug and unplug them again 1-3 times until the speakers work. It's something I could live with if I was sure it wouldn't become worse with time, specially because sending it for repair/replacement in Brazil would be very cumbersome and costly. What's your opinion on this? Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the Casio Forums. Agreeing with Joe, if it's under warranty send it in or return it where you bought it. You shouldn't have to pay anything for this.  It sounds like whatever "senses" the headphones is sticking or something. There is a small chance there is some debris that got in there - I guess it wouldn't hurt to spray some compressed air around in the jack (use the straw so you can get in there good). This is a Hail Mary though - but worth a shot. Just make sure you unplug the piano before doing this. Good luck and let us know how it works out.