Video Files on Forum ×

Strange misconfiguration and crash - how to debug?

flbo

Recently I created a registration with Piano and Alto-Sax to play the Pink Panther - perfect sound ... until yesterday: When I turned on the PX-650 the sax sounded as if it was far away, quite silent, long delay between key hit and sound (ca. 200ms). First I searched in the reverb configuration ... was set to Hall 3 like before. Playing around with the individual values changed things a litte but not really. Whatever I did ... the sax sounded strange. The more I tried (changed each value and then setting it back to the original value) ... things got worse ... the sax became more and more quiet. Then ... the keyboard froze totally: No reaction of the touch screen, non of the buttons worked anymore, neither the wheels or knobs ... except power-off. After power-on the same quiet sax sound again. I wondered how to debug such a phenomena.

Today I wanted to debug the whole thing the hard way ... first I saved all settings on USB. Then I wanted to try a factory reset, save again and compare the files. Didn´t get that far ... simply because the sax sound was perfect again! So this time I won´t find the issue ... but let me ask to questions:

1. Any idea about the phenomena described above and how I could have fixed this faster?

2. Great help would be PC-tool to read, compare and analyze the ZRA-files! Or at least create a TXT or XML-file or whatever from it ... come on guys ... ;-) ... will help everybody ... :-)