Video Files on Forum ×

Poll: Editing Solo Synth on G1 With Sliders

AlenK

Editing Solo Synth With Sliders  

8 members have voted

1. 1. When editing the solo synth...

• I use the sliders frequently
    • I use the sliders only sometimes.
    • I don't use the sliders. I prefer the PC/Mac editor.
    • I don't use the sliders. I prefer the iPad app.
    • I don't edit the solo synth. I just play presets.

I asked this already here but only Scott replied. Since I have to assume that there are more forum members than just Scott who own a G1, I decided to repost my question as a poll instead.

Why am I asking? I am planning a project and I need more info on how users actually do editing on the G1 (can't tell you anything about the project or it might jinx the whole thing).

The real time control with the sliders was a big reason I choose the G1, probably even more than the sampling. I primarily use the G1 as a solo synth so being able to tweak and shape the sound in real time is a huge plus. I do have the iPad app, but I tend to use that just to experiment with. For performance, I like the feel of the physical controls. 

Hey folks, I made the poll public out of ignorance (I didn't know if everyone would be able to see the totals if I didn't).  Don't let that throw you off.  I only want the totals.  So far there are only three GW owners who were willing to say whether they use the sliders or not.  I know there are more of you out there!  C'mon, throw me a bone.  (Scott, please resist the temptation to post a picture of a bone. I'm catching on to your twisted sense of humor. :D

I've added my vote, even though I've only had my G1 for a day! The individual solo synth slider controls is a VERY nice touch, and like Scott I really like the 'hands on' feel of editing, much the same as classic mono synths of old. Though I really don't understand why the P1 doesn't also have this feature considering it has the same solo synth engine? 

• 1 year later...

I use the sliders. Ipad app is definitely easier but the sliders are always there. Would be cool if the pattern buttons could be used to select which oscillator the sliders are controlling. The method to switch OSCs is clever but a little clumsy for me. Sometimes I look at those unused-when-editing-the-solo-synth pattern buttons and dream a bit. :)