Video Files on Forum ×

Newbie Slider ?

Katie

Is it possible to have a slider assigned to volume control but have the volume set at zero and increase when adjusting slider?  Basically I don't want to hear the tone assigned to slider one until I move slider up.  I know I can assign the slider to on/off, but that's really not what I'm looking to do. Thanks.

Oh, forgot.  One more. Sorry for being a pain and I have searched this forum for some of my questions.  Is it possible to have one slider assigned to turn one tone on and another tone off at the same time?  This was a nice feature the Kurz had.  Thanks again.

Hi Katie, in answer to your first question, yes you can. I prefer to use the Data Editor for this but it can also by easily done on the keyboard - which method do you want to use? I can post the instructions for whichever method you choose. Do you need to know how to assign the sliders as well?

In answer to your second, question, this is possible, but only with hex layers. Each slider or knob can be assigned to two targets, so Target 1 can be set to increase a layer volume and Target be set to decrease the volume of a different layer. Unfortunately, controlling the volume of each zone requires a separate slider for each. However, you can get a crossfade but swapping the minimum and maximum values for one of a pair of sliders - so silding one up would increase the volume of its assigned zone, while sliding the other up would decrease the volume of its zone. It sounds a bit cumbersome, but it can actually allow more flexibily in mixing the two zones that you would have by being able to use just one slider.