Video Files on Forum ×

Is the PX560BE MIDI capable?

Legend 88

Hello  there, 

We are interested on the Casio PX560BE 88-Key Digital Stage Piano, at this moment is on my Amazon Checkout Box ready to place the order, but before I do that, I'd like to know is this piano is MIDI capable.  I think I read is not, but I'd like to have  a more positive confirmation. I dont see any MIDI input, also I dont see any USB input. 

Thank you.

I have one. It has 5-pin MIDI DIN In and Out connectors on the back. It can also do MIDI over USB and you won't need to install a driver on your PC or Mac (the USB is "class compliant"). Casio has yet to release a MIDI-implementation document for it, as it has done with other "pro" models, but the back of the PX-560 User's Guide says what kind of MIDI messages are sent and received. I don't know what you are looking at that doesn't show the MIDI and USB inputs but it is obviously woefully incomplete. 

I'm not sure why the PX-560 is identified on Amazon as a PX560BE but I see that it is. It is usually identified as a PX-560M, at least in North America. Rest assured there is really only one model of the actual PX-560 keyboard, although different countries do get different power adapters.

Thank you, AlenK, for your quick reply. Yes, I see now that it has the MIDI interface.  The User's Guide has it all, very much appreciated the link to it.  I will proceed to place the order. The nice thing about buying  this piano from Amazon is that is ships and sold by Amazon.