Video Files on Forum ×

midi files

igor

ciao, i have used 3 midifiles for trying to transtorm in a ryhtm- in the 1 case it was ok, with the tracks 9 10  1 2 3 4 5 6- in the second the mz500 did not take in any way the drun track and in the 3 case took the drum track but not same of the other accompaniment - - - Solutions??? i put the 3 midifiles here

1 Have_You_Heard.mid

2 Sanlorenzo.mid

3 Are_You_Going_With_Me.mid

3 hours ago, igor said:

ciao, i have used 3 midifiles for trying to transtorm in a ryhtm- in the 1 case it was ok, with the tracks 9 10  1 2 3 4 5 6- in the second the mz500 did not take in any way the drun track and in the 3 case took the drum track but not same of the other accompaniment - - - Solutions??? i put the 3 midifiles here

1 Have_You_Heard.mid

2 Sanlorenzo.mid

3 Are_You_Going_With_Me.mid

The simplest answer is that not all MIDI files are created equal. Sometimes you have to take a file into a MIDI editor and rearrange the  channels so the X500 can more easily recognize the patterns for extraction.  It works best for me when I set channel 9 = Bass, 10 = Drums, 11 = Percussion and 12 through 16 = Accompaniment . See page A1 "Part and MIDI Channel Assignments and Diagram" in the MZ-X500 Tutorial PDF.

Nice MIDIs by the way! ;-)

thank you, in facts i followed your old post (i remembered it like this: Percussion = 09,   Drums = 10,     Bass =  01,    Chord 1 = 02,   Chord 2 = 03,

Chord 3 = 04,  Chord 4 = 05,  Chord 5 = 06. 

now ill try with this channel 9 = Bass, 10 = Drums, 11 = Percussion and 12 through 16 =)

But which midi editor? i tried with midiplayer 5 i downldd fromm web but not very able to reach some result... in its window i see which channels work, but it does NOT correspond to what z500 catches (i think) Any way, thyou you !

15 minutes ago, igor said:

thank you, in facts i followed your old post (i remembered it like this: Percussion = 09,   Drums = 10,     Bass =  01,    Chord 1 = 02,   Chord 2 = 03,

Chord 3 = 04,  Chord 4 = 05,  Chord 5 = 06. 

now ill try with this channel 9 = Bass, 10 = Drums, 11 = Percussion and 12 through 16 =)

But which midi editor? i tried with midiplayer 5 i downldd fromm web but not very able to reach some result... in its window i see which channels work, but it does NOT correspond to what z500 catches (i think) Any way, thyou you !

I use Cakewalk Sonar Artist. You can download the instrument definition file I created for Cakewalk on this site. Makes editing SO much easier when the editor "understands" your keyboard configuration. ;-)