Video Files on Forum ×

Sustain Pedal on px 560

Stephen M

Which jack on the px 560 do I connect and configure my sustain pedal to ? Instructions not clear for me on this point. One jack is 'Damper' the other is 'Assignable'? Does it need to be configured at all? For now, I'm only needing basic sustain on my brand new keyboard. I don't want/need the Damper pedal functionality. Previous keyboards I've owned only had 'Sustain' jack.

Thank you

Stephen M

The damper pedal input IS the sustain jack. Being a piano, the PS-560 is using piano nomenclature. Rest assured, plugging a sustain pedal into that jack will give you the behaviour you expect (provided it has the correct polarity). Didn't your PX-560 come with a sustain pedal? Just plug it in. 

Hi, Thank you very much. Yes, that works fine what you said. I wanted to make sure so as I wouldn't ruin the instrument and yes it did come with a sustain pedal as well although the darn thing moves all around the floor on me. I must get something to keep it in one place.

Thanks again

Stephen M

The heavier ones that look like a piano pedal are good; I have one. Get one with a polarity switch and you can use it with any keyboard. 

In the meantime you could always glue some rubber to the bottom of the SP-3 that came with your PX-560, assuming that you are using it on a smooth floor (for carpet, I have no suggestion).