Video Files on Forum ×

PX860 vs Celviano-450?

Hi all,

I'm upgrading from my CDP230 and I'm looking at these two models, PX860 and Celviano-450, both of which are currently on sale at costco.ca and about the same price (the Celviano is 100CAD more, which is negligible).  This comparison becomes a little more complicated since it's comparing two different product lines at two different generations.  I wanted to ask some opinions on which would be the better model to go for, and if I'm understanding the differences correctly.  So, from my understanding:

• The -60 series is newer than the -50 series.  There are some bells and whistles like concert play / hall simulator that I don't particularly care about.
  • The -60 series has some improved electric piano/string sounds that I don't really care about either.
  • Obviously the Celviano is bigger and looks more like a real piano, which is nice, and all else equal (modulo the above things that I'll never use) I'd happily pay the difference for this...
  • ... but most importantly, how does the grand piano sound of the two compare?  This was difficult to find clear information on.  The sample quality, speaker quality, and the quality of what it sounds like recorded to .wav are all important factors.
  • Any other important difference I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance for any responses!