Video Files on Forum ×

Next Generation of PX suggestion

Lanceg13

Hey Casio! 

I think the PX-560 looks great in nearly every respect. But I can't make myself pull the trigger due to the lack of Hammond drawbar emulation. Here's a little market research for you. I have $1500 burning a hole in my pocket for what I'll call a PX-960. It's a PX-560 with the B3 emulation and 9 physical sliders a la the MZ-X500.

How long do I have to wait???

Lance

Agreed…sliders are a great idea… for drawbars as well as zones, like on the PS5, and a real sustain half pedal input instead of the flimsy one that's on the SP33.

Lose the auto-accompaniment stuff… leave that for the home enthusiast market. Built-in speakers are a nice touch, but not really needed on a pro board. 

JMHO….

• 1 month later...
  1. I understand exactly how you feel Lanceg13. The drawbars are kind of deal breaker for me. I want to get rid of all my keyboards and have this one.
  2. The speakers are nice touch- although I would see it more a need. Especially if the board can be battery powered.
  3. Another concern is the implications of the new AiX sound engine of the Casio CT-X. I wondering if Casio will be releasing a new top of the line board with the better sound engine.

34 minutes ago, Abraham_M said:
  2. Another concern is the implications of the new AiX sound engine of the Casio CT-X. I wondering if Casio will be releasing a new top of the line board with the better sound engine.

Better I don't think it will not be a comparison issue but different and suitable for the target keyboard yes I do think so.

The CT-X is just wow and the hex technology in the MZ and PX as you can see it addresses a specific need in how you 

can make it work for you're music. Its ready to go sounds versus synthesis.