Video Files on Forum ×

Turn split function on/off quick button

didom

Hi. I 've been searching  for information about casio px 5s split button. Does it exist or can be mapped to any other button.For example: I want to play song which start with piano sound and when drummer in my band start to play i need to start playing bass with my left hand and want to split the keyboard exactly in that moment quick. On others keyboards i ve played there is split button which i can turn on and off fast , and when it's turned off there is one  sound from lowest to highest key and when turn on the split it split the keyboard easy . I hope you understand my question? Sorry about my english.

I really need fast split because i play one song with only piano and with split piano and bass ,when drummer start to play after piano intro for example...If there is no "split" button ,for quick split two instruments ,can i switch fast from pure piano sound to bass/piano split sound ?

Sure, set up two stage settings in the same bank. One with piano only, the other with the split you describe. You can switch between the two easily.

I think another method would be using zones. You could have the bass on a zone and fade it up while the same slider fades the piano down in that same zone. You'd move the slider so fast it would seem like a switch. That would take a touch more programming, I think.