Video Files on Forum ×

which are your musical studies whith your MZ X ?

MANY

I ask to the users of MZ X,

which are your musical studies?

Did you learn  alone?

Do you play or did you play of another instrument ?

Did you take or do you take lessons of keyboard? Since when ?

Did you take or do you take piano lessons? Since when ?

Do you play without any studies only for the fun with the MZ X ?

In France it is impossible to find a good professor of keyboard, I find only piano teacher,

progress in the game of the keyboard and the musical theory

Je m' adresse aux possesseurs de MZ X,

quelle est votre formation musicale ?

Vous avez appris seul ?

Vous jouez d' un autre instrument ?

Vous avez pris, ou vous prenez des cours de clavier ? depuis quand ?

Vous avez pris, ou vous prenez des cours de piano ? depuis quand ?

Vous jouez pour vous amuser avec votre MZ X...

En France, il est très difficile de trouver un bon professeur de clavier, je n' ai trouvé qu' un professeur de piano,

je progresse dans le jeu du clavier et la théorie musicale ( solfège )

A+

Klaus Wunderlich never had a lesson in his life.  Paul Mccartney rejected music lessons because he didn't want lessons and music theory to interfere with his creativity  -These two gents' didn't need to !

Just learn the basics and go your own way from there IMHO

The trouble with the 'arts' as opposed to more science and mathematical based subjects, is that often there are no absolutes, and rarely will two teachers of the 'arts' agree about the same approach and technique

• Like 1

I've had a few lessons and considering my mom was a organist/piano teacher she deemed me "unteachable" LOL!!  However, I found that if you want to play bad enough, you'll find ways to learn.  Start off with basics and build from there.  I've seen friends/people who want to learn so bad that they practice for hours and hours every day.  To me, that's ok if you're a seasoned player, but for one just starting out, I don't recommend it.  20m a day is a good start so that you don't become too overly frustrated and want to quit.  I found that I could go over and over a song only to become frustrated because of messing up in the exact same place every time.  If I walk away from it, most times when I'd come back after a few hours or even a day, I'd play straight through what I was practicing the time before.  Yea, I know...go figure!!  Start with 20m and build up from there.

I also agree with Casiokid...no two teachers will ever agree about the same approach and technique.  My son had that problem and it really messed him up.  So we cut down the practice time, changed his focus a bit and he became a really good musician.  Maybe it took a bit longer, but it was much less stressful and he was able to relax and really focus.  In my opinion, it was the cutting down on the practice time that really helped because he was much less frustrated.

Je suis âgé de 61 ans,

je prends des leçons de piano depuis 4 ans pour :

rendre plus souples les doigts,
apprendre a lire des partitions simples, et jouer des morceaux simples sonates, pop /rock ( Beatles, variété Française..... )

ma journée musicale :

environ 15 minutes lecture musicale
environ 10 minutes gammes de piano
environ 20 minutes pour jouer un morceau,

ces exercices m' aident pour jouer
avec l' arrangeur. ( 30 minutes / 1 heure )

I am 61 years old,
I have taken piano lessons for 4 years for:
to make more flexible the fingers,
to learn has to read simple partitions, and to play of the pieces simple sonatas, pop /rock (Beatles, French variety .....)
my musical day:
approximately 15 musical reading minutes
approximately 10 scales minutes of piano
approximately 20 minutes to play a piece,
these exercises help me to play
with the arranger. (30 minutes/1 hour)

A+

Je pense que :
nous pouvons jouer de l' arrangeur pour s' amuser,
c'est la fonction principale du clavier,
nous pouvons AUSSI apprendre seul,
mais pour improviser correctement,

il faut apprendre les accords,
il faut avoir des connaissances  solides.

I think that:
we can play of the arranger to have fun,
it is the principal function of the keyboard,
we can learn alone,
but to improvise correctly,

the musical chords should be learned
it is necessary to learn from solid knowledge....😊

My rule on music is: if it SOUNDS good, it IS good. 

Great quote - I reckon we get too wound up about what others think and how "well" we play - if you enjoy what you play then that's 100% of what matters.

Pete :)

Pardonnez moi d' insister,
Je comprends bien ce que vous dites,

mais : pour avoir des conseils pour improviser et pour lire des partitions, surtout pour les passages difficiles, c'est mieux de ce faire aider par un professeur

ou un ami(e) musicien ?
vous regardez beaucoup de tutoriels sur internet?
vous avez des revues ou livres d' apprentissage sur la musique ?
vous avez appris la musique lorsque vous êtes enfant ?
avez vous vraiment appris tout seul, pour moi, je ne crois pas
que c'est possible.

Forgive me to insist,
I understand well what you say,

but: to have advices to improvise and for reading partitions, especially for the difficult passages, it is better this to do to help by a professor,

or a musician friend ?
do you look at many tutorials on Internet?
do you have reviews or books of training for the music?
did you learn the music when you are child?
you really learned all alone, for me, I do not believe
that it is possible.

I read that Arthur Rubenstein, the great pianist, once said that, players should be like the bees seeking and collecting  nectar, to make honey, not just solely from one flower, but from a variety of different flowers.  -Taking from one player, what you like, but leaving the rest, then moving on to listen to other players and doing the same....and so let your own unique technique develop and evolve.

3 hours ago, Casiokid said:

I read that Arthur Rubenstein, the great pianist, once said that, players should be like the bees seeking and collecting  nectar, to make honey, not just solely from one flower, but from a variety of different flowers.  -Taking from one player, what you like, but leaving the rest, then moving on to listen to other players and doing the same....and so let your own unique technique develop and evolve.

I had the great fortune to meet Arthur Rubinstein as a high school student when he came to my town for a concert circa 1960. It was after school hours and I was practicing a Bach piece on the school's concert grand. This gentleman walked down the aisle of the auditorium and stood behind me. "Go on", he said. As I played he gave me gentle corrections to my posture and hand positions. To this day I remember his quiet grace and encouragement. I learned the next day who the gentleman was and that he had come the previous evening to practice on our Steinway. That encounter spoke reams about this man's character. Other artists would have told me to leave, but he chose to teach. His was a very gentle soul.

• Like 1

J' ai honte, je ne connaissait pas Rubinstein, j' ai vu des vidéos sur Y........ vraiment très FANTASTIQUE, il y a des années de travail....

Je suis resté avec Supertramp,
et Genesis, Pink Floyd et d' autres...
désolé....
Je vais voir Roger Waters a Paris au mois de Juin,
je serait peut être inspiré ?😊

I have shame, I did not know Rubinstein, I saw videos on Y ........ really very FANTASTIC, years ago of work…. I am still with Supertramp,
Genesis, Pink Floyd and others
afflicted….
I will see Roger Waters has Paris in June,
will I be inspired? 😊

A+

• Like 1

Cada pessoa possui um nível de musicalidade baseada no tempo que ela dedica ao seu instrumento , e ao tipo de música que ela costuma ouvir , ouvir  músicas pobres em harmonia certamente atrasam nosso aprendizado  . 

Segue Abaixo uma música  gravada no MZ x500

• Like 1