Video Files on Forum ×

WK-7600, SD card formatting problem

I have anew casio WK-7600. The only problem so far is getting the SD card to work. I formatted it as per instructions and all seemed to go fine and the display confirmed COMPLETE .

But when I got to press audio record the message comes up ERROR FORMAT.

Its a new card and ive tried re formatting it bet the same thing happens. Any suggestions what to do.?

Bill

What size is your Card?  The Casio CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX keyboards can use Cards from 2Gb to 32 Gb.

What brand  and model is the Card?  Some off-brand Card manufacturers still hide  "utility" software on their Cards that can interfere with the keyboard's format process.  If you give me the brand and model, I can check this for you.

Also, keyboard's can be picky about off-brand Cards especially when they are formatted for audio recording.

I have never had a problem with SanDisk and PNY, but I use only high speed SanDisk Ultra for audio recording.

The PNY's work fine for storing static data (Tones, Rhythms, Registrations, Song files, MIDI files, etc.), but I have never tried them for audio recording.

You could have a defective Card.  If your PC or laptop has an SD Card reader slot, try testing it with that.

Do you have another available 2 to 32 Gb Card you can try?

- T -

• Thanks 1

Bill

Once a Micro-SD Card is mounted in its adapter, there is no reason it should not operate exactly like any other full sized SD Card.  If anything, I am more suspicious of that Card's 4K-UHC-U3-A2 technology, that gives it 4K high speed video capabilities. The Casio CTK/WK-7XXX models use a special formatting procedure that creates a hidden partition, on the card, for audio files.  I suspect that that procedure may not be compatible with the latest 4K technology memory cards.  Some years ago, SanDisk swore that the "program launcher" software they were putting on their SD cards did not interfere with normal storage, and that was true - unless you were trying to use it for audio recording (and any number of different camera models - that DID use "normal storage" - but could not format the Card).  SanDisk finally had to offer a downloadable program for removing their "launcher" software, and eventually abandoned that technology, altogether.  Now, not to add to your concerns, there is still the outside chance that your problem is with your keyboard, itself.  With that in mind, I would hesitate to recommend investing in yet another high speed memory card, which is why I asked if you had just a regular old 2Gb card (out of an old camera, maybe), lying around somewhere, that you could try.  I have every confidence that the SanDisk 16Gb Ultra should work.  The 32Gb versions of those worked fine for me, in my CTK-7000 and WK-7500, but if your problem turns out to be a keyboard issue, the investment in yet another Card would be a pure waste.  Be guided by your own wisdom.

- T -