Video Files on Forum ×

Effect Target bug? firmware 1.04

raffivegas

I'm using Bank 4, the Pad Set type is set to Drums, I have an individual pad set with a Cymbal ride sample, I have the pad next to it set to type Effect, and have chosen Reverse Play (effect #45) as the effect.  When I set the Effect Target to Current Bank or even set it to Bank 4 specifically, the Reverse Play effect is impacting the entire mix, so its applying the effect to all the banks.  I remember being able to use a LPF and target a specific bank in the past, recently upgraded the firmware to 1.04 and didn't use the XW-PD1 for a while, and now it's applying an effect to all banks regardless of what I've chosen for the effect target.   

hi is it possible you've misremembered? I haven't touched my pd1 in a long time but i thought any effects that utilise sampling e.g tape stop, scratching etc happened across the whole mix? Reverse will be one of those effects.

Have you noticed anything new with 1.04? I asked casio support what had changed and they said they would ask japan but ultimately just fobbed me off.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:19 AM, Mike Edwards said:

hi is it possible you've misremembered? I haven't touched my pd1 in a long time but i thought any effects that utilise sampling e.g tape stop, scratching etc happened across the whole mix? Reverse will be one of those effects.

Have you noticed anything new with 1.04? I asked casio support what had changed and they said they would ask japan but ultimately just fobbed me off.

thanks for the response.  I've scoured both the manuals but I can't find where it mentioned the sampling effects being applied to the entire mix, although it does make sense.  Still will bug me until I can read the official documentation on it.  I haven't noticed anything new with 1.04, I was really REALLY hoping for world clock, I mean, how hard could it be?  Just don't understand that limitation...

• 2 months later...

greets- 

recently picked this this up off eBay because of my love affair with Casio cheese since childhood. upon purchase v103 firmware was installed and the onboard speaker was so quiet I’d thought for sure someone mucked around with global settings etc.. after scouring the net for some documentation(s) i found only Casio support;

please refer to the TUTOIRIAL pdf (not user manual) page 17 for assigning dsp to a specific bank or master. sceenshot of page included with this post!

nothing there about speaker volume, but I’d found v104 firmware and the editor, so installed that and initialized unit as instructed. the speaker volume is normal now, maybe even a little hot since you gotta turn vol knob to 3/4... this is the only difference I’ve noted (well besides the usb midi working, didn’t check that on v103). now, how to make or find these phrases *.phz files for this red falcon?

theres so much cheese inside this thing can’t believe its not deep yellow,  this thing rox! and, my kids think so too! 

22F6F9A8-7CF8-4051-8402-373071BF2A52.png

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It doesn't help that the manual is unclear and describes things inaccurately. 13, 14 and 15 are always lit in "Function" -> "Pad Action" mode. 13 gives you the choice of All or Cur, 14 gives you the choice of Int, Ext, or All,  and 15 gives you the choice of b1, b2, b3, b4, or All.

To get an effect on one bank, I made sure I am in that bank, make 13 Cur, 14 Int or 

All, and 15 b1 since I was just wanting Bank 1 to be effected. I don't know what other combinations do yet, I'll let you know