Video Files on Forum ×

Midi output, zones, sliders

piattica

Once more a request of help about this topic.

I have:

PX5s linked with MIDI expander

zone 1 MIDI channel 1 to play Piano 

zone 2 MIDI channel 2 to play Organ 

using the same slider I want select zone 1 or zone 2

to play or Piano or Organ.

How to do it?

I found a stage setting (midi-4-channel-master)that explain how to switch on\off a zone with a slider but I need to switch 2 zones in the same time with a unique slider

It's actually pretty easy but I can't remember the specifics! :) Each slider can control two things, which can be useful to do something like crossfading sounds or turning down one effect or parameter and turning up another. All you have to do is make one direction turning a thing on and the other direction turning the other thing on. So Up could be piano on/organ off, and Down would be the opposite. If you want it to fade volume, you could do this

I think zone on/off might be another option instead of volume.

Can you set up a zone to a specific MIDI device, output, or sound like you are wanting? If you already have each zone doing what you want, I can look at my PX-5S later and see the specifics about using a slider as a switch. If not, we'll have to recruit someone else because I haven't dug into using zones for MIDI control.