Video Files on Forum ×

KeyboardKrazy49 showing all the CT-X5000 sounds!

TheBradge

He's uploading one every day so presumably Sunday all the sounds are uploaded.

I have to be honest, i'm impressed by the DSPs, they sound stunning! And the completely new sounds are really great, but the rest?.. I'm just not quite sure, it's not a CTK anymore, but it's also NOT a MZ-X, but i tries to hard to be completely new, while it's still presumably 75% CTK DNA, if you know what i mean? 

Kudo's to Michael for uploading this! He's a great guy and a skilled player and has tons of keyboards!

Yeah, really great stuff, this guy knows his way around it! 
Kris Nicholson also does reviews (KMNKeyboardVault) but his overplaying gets annoying after a while, and KeyboardKrazy just really plays because he wants to show the instrument, and not himself.

Am I seeing this right? Something like eight hours of video by one guy on one keyboard model? That's just nuts. Impressive, but nuts. :grins:

(BTW, has there been an upgrade to the site? When I went to select an emoticon, I got an insane selection of emojis and other icons. Did I somehow just not notice these before?)

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 9:49 PM, BradgeMusicTube said:

I have to be honest, i'm impressed by the DSPs, they sound stunning! And the completely new sounds are really great, but the rest?.. I'm just not quite sure, it's not a CTK anymore, but it's also NOT a MZ-X, but i tries to hard to be completely new, while it's still presumably 75% CTK DNA, if you know what i mean? 

Kudo's to Michael for uploading this! He's a great guy and a skilled player and has tons of keyboards!

Yes kudos indeed. Some people really want to see EVERYTHING the instrument can do, so something like this is really nice to have (and not have to make it myself LOLOLOLOLOL). CHEERS! 🎹🎹🎹

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, KeyboardMaestroYT said:

And like any other keyboardist within his range, he STILL doesn't know how to properly demo the orchestral sounds of the CT-X5000.

He just slams his way through them, like he's in a Styx Tribute band.

You do NOT play orchestral patches like a "keyboard player". OK?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. And IMHO a recurrent problem of many of these demonstrations is that the styles/rhythms need to be demonstrated through playing “real music” using One Touch Setting for the melody, not just playing an idle bunch of chords. This is the only way to get an accurate idea of what the board is really capable.

• Like 1