Video Files on Forum ×

build quality?

luckyluca

I tried the casio px560 at a store in London an whilst I loved the action and display, the plastic, especially the 3 knobs were of dubious quality as you could feel they would bend by applying a minimal force Also the mod wheel you could feel friction ( plastic to plastic ) when operating. The thing that the keys left dark dirt marks on my fingers make me thing that particular demo model must have been out for over a year (!). Did you encounter issues with it or was it a bad fluke?

How do you find your 560? do you like the speakers?

Lastly I'm considering this model against a juno ds88, they're priced very similarly. Let me explain my setup: I have another board a nord lead a1 which will be mounted on top and I'll occasionally use the juno or casio to drive some of the nla1 sounds via midi. I'll also enjoy the casio/juno for piano practice.

Thanks

L

Mine arrived new in box. There was no dirt on it, of course. The wheels don't have friction. The three assignable control knobs (which are attached to encoders as opposed to potentiometers, the latter found for example on the XW-P1's four assignable control knobs) don't feel at all flimsy to me. But I'm not touring with it so they're never going to be subjected to any abuse. The PX-560's build quality seems fine to me, but then I have had no issues with my XW-P1 either. 

The speakers are okay. They do cause some buzzes if the volume is too high but other than that they sound quite decent with the PX-560 mounted on Casio's optional CS-67 wooden stand positioned against a wall, which enables sound from the rear-facing speakers to reflect off the wall back to me.