Video Files on Forum ×

My CTK 2400 doesn't turn on

LuisDany04

When i try to turn on my keyboard, the LED Screen shows me some squares like if it will turn on, but then, it just turns off.

Sometimes it turns on but most of the time no.

I tried to change the power adapter but i got the same problem.

Help :( i don't have warranty, the keyboard is 2 years old

You could have a bad power connector where the power adapter plugs into the keyboard.  Try wiggling the power connector where it plugs into the keyboard to see if that has any effect.  Also, try installing a set of batteries to see if it will power up more reliably.  If it does. a bad power connector in the keyboard is most likely.  If batteries do not help, then you most likely have an initemittent bad connection on one of the ribbon cable connectors inside the keyboard.  Since it will power up occasionally, I doubt that it is a bad electronic circuit (chip).  Normally, when they go bad, they stay bad until they are replaced.

If the problem is a bad power connector, you have the option of attempting to repair or replsce it yourself, or sending/taking the keyboard to a Service Center for repair.  In that case, a temporary work-around would be to run it on batteries.  Normally, I would recommend rechargeable batteries, but for some reason, Casio has been very emphatic about not using rechargeable batteries in their keyboards for the past several years.  If the problem turns out to be an intermittent bad internal connection, you would almost certainly need a Service Center, unless you have the experience, test equipment, and tools for dealing with such a problem.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, tnicoson said:

You could have a bad power connector where the power adapter plugs into the keyboard.  Try wiggling the power connector where it plugs into the keyboard to see if that has any effect.  Also, try installing a set of batteries to see if it will power up more reliably.  If it does. a bad power connector in the keyboard is most likely.  If batteries do not help, then you most likely have an initemittent bad connection on one of the ribbon cable connectors inside the keyboard.  Since it will power up occasionally, I doubt that it is a bad electronic circuit (chip).  Normally, when they go bad, they stay bad until they are replaced.

If the problem is a bad power connector, you have the option of attempting to repair or replsce it yourself, or sending/taking the keyboard to a Service Center for repair.  In that case, a temporary work-around would be to run it on batteries.  Normally, I would recommend rechargeable batteries, but for some reason, Casio has been very emphatic about not using rechargeable batteries in their keyboards for the past several years.  If the problem turns out to be an intermittent bad internal connection, you would almost certainly need a Service Center, unless you have the experience, test equipment, and tools for dealing with such a problem.

Good luck!

Thanks :) i tried with batteries, but... The same problem :( so.. i think that are the cables inside or something, thanks :) and sorry for my bad English xD i will take the keyboard to a Service Center

• 2 years later...